Office Specialist - Payroll
Job | Posted 13 days ago
Office Specialist - Payroll
Non-contract, no benefits
Hourly rate: $17.31 - $21.27
Starting date: ASAP
- Name: Krystal Burch
- Phone: 801-610-8572
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Office Specialist - Payroll is done for the purpose/s of processing employee payroll with specific responsibility for performing all activities require to produce employee payrolls; preparing preliminary and final payroll reports, spreadsheets, and funds distribution accurately and in accordance with established practices and regulatory requirements; and responding to inquiries and/or requests for data and/or reports.
- Coordinates the payroll process with other departments and sites for the purpose of processing in compliance with established guidelines and payroll schedules.
- Informs other staff and/or outside parties regarding procedural requirements for the purpose of processing payroll transactions.
- Monitors assigned payroll activities for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Participates in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Prepares a variety of payroll related documents and data (e.g. journal entries, voided and reissue checks, legal and administrative requirements, stop payments, contracts, direct deposits, retirement plan transfers, payroll register, state and federal reports, payroll tax reports, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Processes payroll, a wide variety of payroll documents, and general fiscal information (e.g. time sheets, withholding information, required state and federal payroll reports, account distributions, additions and other changes to employee pay, employee contributions, benefit share of cost deductions, direct deposits, etc.) for the purpose of issuing payroll checks; disseminating information to appropriate parties and/or documenting payroll related data in accordance with regulatory requirements and established accounting guidelines
- Answers telephone calls for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or taking messages.
- Assists with processing of documents, forms, mailings and materials (e.g. attendance, enrollments, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
- Distributes materials (e.g. mail, checks, supplies, messages, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring delivery to addressee.
- Maintains manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g. letters, forms, reports, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Prepares standardized documents (e.g. form letters and memos, calendars, bulletins, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to other parties.
- Other Functions Attends department and/or in-service meetings for the purpose of gathering information required to perform functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.