Bookkeeper - Bluestone Middle School
Middle School Bookkeeper
Under the direct supervision of the principal or other school administrator, to provide clerical, secretarial and administrative assistance to school administrators at a school site, conveying information regarding school functions and procedures; and supporting the broad array of services provided to students, parents, instructional and support employees; and to coordinate work of other school clerical employees.
- Composes documents (e.g., notices, correspondence, bulletins, reports, newsletter, handbooks) for principal, or other school administrators for the purpose of requesting or providing information about school and work-related matters, activities, events, etc.
- Maintains the daily/weekly/monthly calendar for the purpose of recording employee absences and leave.
- Provide accurate employee leave information to payroll department when requested.
- Assist in planning and scheduling school events and activities, and maintaining calendar of school and students events for the purpose of coordinating and scheduling events such as orientation, open house, field trips, sporting events, assemblies, conferences, etc.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining all financial records for the school.
- Maintain documents, files and records for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Prepare purchase orders for the purpose of submitting to the school district's accounting/finance office.
- Maintain inventories of supplies and materials for the purpose of ensuring items' availability.
- Assist visitors to the office, including students, parents, substitutes teachers, and others.
- Answer telephone calls, and provide information and assistance to callers.
- Distribute incoming mail appropriately; sends outgoing mail.
- Schedule appointments with students, parents and teaching staff or others as requested
- Evaluate situations for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Respond to inquiries from students, parents and employees, providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
- Serve as liaison with outside organizations (e.g., transportation, food service, suppliers) for the purpose of coordinating the scheduling of deliveries, activities, etc.
- Support, guide, lead, train and coordinate work of school clerical employees for the purpose of providing assistance with administrative functions.
Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the school.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, telephone.
Limited travel to and from meetings may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to describe problems and work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, the Internet, Outlook, electronic mail).
- Ability to problem solve job-related issues.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to process paperwork accurately according to standardized procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of office management procedures.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Associate's Degree with course work in business, math, word processing, office procedures and record keeping preferred.
- Successful experience with office management preferred.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt