Athletic Director - Middle School
ATHLETIC DIRECTOR - Middle School
The Athletic Director is responsible for the administration of all athletic programs and serves as a liaison between the athletic staff and the administration; provides leadership; serves as a model to the athletic staff; and is responsible for providing each enrolled student of middle school age an opportunity to participate in extracurricular athletic activity that will foster physical skills, a sense of worth and competence, a knowledge and understanding of the pleasures of sports, and the principles of fair play.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of athletic programs and total operations of an athletic program;
- Skill in budgeting and purchasing;
- Ability to exhibit sufficient strength, agility, dexterity and mobility to carry out all performance responsibilities;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Schedule and coordinate athletic practices and events including but not limited to operational personnel, facilities, transportation, officials, promotions, and equipment.
- Provide supervision and crowd control for home and away athletic events as appropriate.
- Provide orientation of athletic staff regarding policies and procedures governing the athletic program including district, regional, and state regulations;
- Promote the school division’s Student Pledge Program and administer the Privileged Activity Random Alcohol and Drug Testing Program;
- Assist in recommending potential athletic staff members;
- Assist in providing guidance to other athletic directors throughout the school division;
- Assist in evaluating athletic staff personnel;
- Maintain complete records on the athletic program including eligibility lists, insurance lists, equipment inventories, awards, rosters, finances, physicals, events records, etc.
- Act as a liaison between principal and coaching staff;
- Serve as a liaison between coaches and parents.
- Acts as a liaison between the athletic staff and the athletic booster club.
- Attend district, regional, and state athletic meetings as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three years of successful coaching experience with middle school age students
- Hold a valid teaching license with successful classroom and/or coaching experience is preferred.
REPORTS TO: Principal
EVALUATION: Performance on this job will be evaluated yearly by the principal and will be based on the overall progress of the program.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt