School Cafeteria Worker
TITLE – School Cafeteria Worker
This position is ____ exempt or __X_ non-exempt
Under the supervision of the Cafeteria Manager, the cafeteria worker provides for the preparation and serving of food in the school cafeteria and for the proper cleaning of kitchen areas.
- Hold at least a high school diploma, GED, or any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduating from high school preferred.
- Ability to follow both written and oral directions.
- Previous experience or training as a cafeteria substitute or part-time employee preferred.
- Previous experience in the operation of commercial kitchen equipment preferred.
- Ongoing evidence of mental and physical competence to perform assigned responsibilities may be required from a qualified physician.
- An applicant who has had prior experience in a related position must have a performance rating which is acceptable to Richmond County Public Schools.
- Assists in food preparation and service to students and school employees.
- Assists in kitchen set-up and the preparation of the cafeteria for serving.
- Participates in the cleaning and sanitizing of all areas of the kitchen.
- Maintains consistency in food preparation and service to students and school employees.
- Follows all safety and sanitation guidelines found in the Food Service Operations Manual.
- Performs a variety of kitchen duty assignments (e.g., baking, cashier, etc.) as directed by the Cafeteria Manager.
- Assists in the receipt and proper storage of all kitchen deliveries.
- Actively pursue professional growth activities.
- Maintain a clean, neat appearance, appropriate to position.
- Adhere to guidelines of confidentiality as outlined in federal and state laws and School Board Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain a record of appropriate attendance and punctuality.
- Serve as an optimal role model for students, colleagues, and the general public.
- Comply with all district and school policies and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the cafeteria manager or the Director of School Food Services.
- Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrate ability to address criticism in an appropriate manner and develop constructive outcome.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, students, and other school staff.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the preparation, cooking and serving of food in large quantities.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of kitchen sanitation and safety measures.
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of the practices used in receiving and storing food in large quantities.
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of food quality and reimbursable lunch values.
EVALUATION - Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with school board policy and administrative regulations on evaluation of non-licensed employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and duties as assigned by a central office administrator. Richmond County Public Schools reserves the right to update, review or change this job description and related duties at any time.