Teacher Assistant Level III
Job | Posted 11 days ago
Teaching Assistant Level III - Secondary
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 5.5
Hourly rate: $15.50
- Name: Dan Biolo
- Phone: 801-610-8183
- Email: email@example.com
The job of Teaching Assistant - Level 3 is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program within assigned classroom with specific responsibility for assisting in the instruction of individual or small groups of students in a variety of subject areas; assisting in the implementation of a behavior modification program; monitoring and reporting student behavior and performance; and performing a variety of clerical duties as assigned.
- Assists teachers in specialized and/or mainstream education classroom in preparing and presenting a variety of instructional materials for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Assists assigned instructional staff in improving student's learning skills, self care, and/or social development for the purpose of providing learning concepts and materials.
- Communicates with teachers regarding assigned students' progress for the purpose of participating in needs assessments and/or assisting in evaluating progress.
- Documents observations of student performance in academic and school activities (e.g. social skills, behavior, assignments, etc.) for the purpose of providing written records and/or complying with mandated requirements.
- Guides special education students in personal interactions and/or specific student issues for the purpose of developing interpersonal skills and successful problem solving strategies.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic instructional files and records for the purpose of providing written reference and meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors students' performance, under the direction of assigned classroom teacher, for the purpose of providing feedback to students, teachers and/or others involved in the provision of services in
- accordance with IEPs.
- Obtains homework assignments for students at different academic levels for the purpose of addressing classroom requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have Associates Degree or 60 quarter hours/48 semester hours or successful completion of courses in English, mathematics through geometry and algebra, chemistry, physical science, computer entry and retrieval, health and social studies or have passed para pro praxis exam.