Part-time School Counselor
Must hold a license issued by Utah State Office of Education.
The license must be in one of the following types: School Counselor (K-12) (Level 1), School Counselor (K-12) (Level 2), School Counselor (K-12) (Level 3).
The license must be in one of the following grades: 8th, 9th, 10th.
The license status must be active.
St. George Academy, a public university preparatory charter high school in Washington, Utah, is seeking a part-time school counselor for grades 8-10. The caseload will be approximately 150 students.
Essential Duties Include the Following:
1. The school counselor will deliver individual student academic planning and goal setting.
2. Coordinate and/or deliver school counseling classroom lessons based on social-emotional learning standards.
3. Provide short-term counseling to students and refer them for long-term support.
4. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the community.
5. Advocate for students to improve equity and access, achievement, and opportunity for all students.
6. Use data analysis to identify student needs and challenges.
7. Help with student scheduling for assigned grades and ensure graduation requirements are being met.
8. College and career planning.
9. Collaborate in building a school counseling program.