4th Year Apprentice Electrician
Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Rich Jorgensen ,Electrical Shop Foreman, at (385)-646-5622or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Title||4th Year Apprentice Electrician|
|Supervisor||Lead and Foreman|
|Contract Length||12 months|
|Last Review Date||July 2021|
Repairs, maintains, and installs electrical systems and equipment, such as motors, transformers, wring, switches, alarm systems, motor controls, etc. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Installs, maintains, inspects, repairs, and replaces a variety of electrical equipment and circuitry (motors, generators, heaters, transformers, burned out or frayed wiring, fuses, burned out elements, switches, alarm systems and motor controls).
- Uses sophisticated electrical test equipment to help in making appropriate repairs and replacements.
- Plans and installs electrical service to portable buildings.
- Plans layout and installs all types and capacities of conductors, devices, raceways, panel boards, fittings, and lighting.
- Coordinates with leadman, school, and district officials on how to and when repairs will be made.
- Assures that materials, tools, and equipment are available for each assigned project.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of truck inventory for tools, materials, and equipment.
- Participates in education requirements for apprentices in techniques, equipment, safety, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for planning work as assigned, assuring a high-quality finished product.
- Coordinates with contract service vendors and material vendors on projects.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
Must have completed two years of fulltime equivalency of formal education.
Must have completed three years of Electrician Apprenticeship.
Must have a current and valid Utah driver’s license.
Required Prior Experience
-Must have three years of fulltime job-related experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Must have a good working knowledge of relevant building and safety codes including pertinent aspects of OSHA, EPA, MSDS, NEC, and ADA.
- Must be able to effectively use hand tools, ladders, scaffolds, machine tools, small power tools, appropriate testing instruments.
- Requires basic knowledge of HVAC equipment and energy management systems.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
- Must be able to plan work and organize apprentices, materials, and equipment for specific projects.
- Must keep abreast of changing developments in techniques in relevant fields.
May consult with administrators, teaches, co-workers and patrons to assist in the timely completion of projects. Determines repairs and replacement of equipment Assists in the planning of work projects. Assures that each assignment has sufficient tools, materials, and supplies. Prioritizes work for specific jobs assigned. Must be able to perform assigned tasks without on-site supervision. May determine that the use of specific equipment is dangerous to the user and remove the equipment or neutralize it in place.
Interactions with Others
Interacts positively with students, teachers, principals, district personnel and other outside vendors or agencies.
Requires ability to motivate apprentices, plans, and initiate activities. Makes specific assignments and monitors performance of assigned employees. Assists in evaluating performance of apprentices. The supervised work can be complex.
Financially responsible to maintain and track purchase card usage and follow purchasing guidelines.
Maintaining and tracking of inventory
May be subject to high locations, awkward positions, heat, cold, noise, dirt, chemicals, confined spaces. May experience occasional stress from emergencies and in meeting project deadlines. Some district emergencies may require additional irregular hours. Interruptions may occur while performing work requiring accuracy and concentration.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.