Transportation Fuel Manager
Transportation Fuel Manager
Lane 14 Contract and Benefits
Hours per day: 8
Hourly Pay: $21.28-$23.91
Name: Joe Hayes / Rex Brimhall
Phone: 801 610-8850 / 801 610-8852
The job of Fuel Manager is done for the purpose/s of providing management of staff and fueling program as well as maintenance of fueling equipment and supplies while ensuring adhearance to all of the State of Utah Safety Codes and Hazmat Standards.
- Diagnoses fueling system malfunctions for the purpose of determining needed repairs and/or replacements.
- Inspects assigned equipment (e.g. fuel tanks, hoses and reels, filters, general conditions, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that the vehicle is in a safe operating condition and inspections are done in compliance with established requirements.
- Inspects facilities for the purpose of ensuring that the site is suitable for safe operations, maintained in an attractive and clean condition, identifying necessary repairs to facilities and/or equipment, etc.
- Maintains records of repairs, costs, equipment warranties for the purpose of documenting required information and meeting regulatory requirements.
- Maintains diesel and propane inventory (e.g. fuel, tanks, propane, fuel additives, meter readings, bus millage and dates on approved ASD fuel sheets, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accurate records and inventories are maintained and adequate fuel is available for district transportation operations.
- Manages and tracks fuel accounts on spreadsheets (e.g. invoices, bill of ladings, etc.) for the purpose of to ensure accurate records are kept to adhere to ASD policies, expectations, and regulations.
- Monitor and utilize Utah 'OPIS' price reports for Salt Lake City Fuel rack pricing for the purpose of auditing use and ensuring accuracy and strong oversight and communication with fuel vendors.
- Monitors Zonar software data for the purpose of auditing mileage discrepancies and future additions to the components.
- Monitors activities in and around work areas (e.g. fueling stations, office environments, fuel storage facilities and tanks, etc.) for the purpose of preventing injuries, ensuring site safety, while maintaining a clean environment.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Prepare and report cost/saving analysis to supervisors each month with an Annual Fuel Budget as well as tracking additional costs (e.g. OPIS account subscription, Fleet Maintenance Pro, invoices, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring efficient and effective operations.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair and maintenance logs, parts lists, warranty claims, supply requisitions, safety inspections, inventories, work orders, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and meeting mandated requirements.
- Repairs and/or replaces worn parts on equipment (e.g. fuel pumps, fuel filters and other essential working parts of the pumps and tank, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of equipment in efficient and safe operating condition.
- Responds to immediate safety and/or operational concerns, 24 hours a day, (e.g. fuel spills, facility damage, vandalism, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action or notifying appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Schedule and track staff (e.g. monthly scheduling, requested time off, hours worked, time sheets, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective operation.
- Trains assigned personnel for the purpose of developing professional trade and safety awareness skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Required Testing Certificates and Licenses-Job-Related Skills Proficiency Test
Driver’s License & Evidence of Insurability Class B CDL with School Bus and Passenger Endorsements
Required to work some evenings and weekends
Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
Job related experience is required