Maintenance - Door and Lock Repair Technician
Job | Posted 10 days ago
Door and Lock Technician
Lane 13 Contract and Benefits
Hours a day: 8
Hourly rate: $20.24 - $22.74
Starting date: 08/02/2021
- Name: Mike Privett
- Phone: 801-610-8066
- Email: email@example.com
The job of Locksmith is done for the purpose/s of providing locksmith services with specific responsibility for in the repair, alteration, installation and keying of locks on buildings, equipment, lockers and vehicles; resolving immediate operational and/or safety concerns; assisting other skilled trades; and ensuring that tools and materials are available at job site.
- Coordinates with assigned lead and/or supervisor and other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Cuts new or duplicate keys (e.g. building and vehicle keys, file cabinets, desks, cabinets, intrusion alarms, lost or stolen locks/keys, etc.) for the purpose of providing the District with a master key system and ensuring security of its facilities.
- Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in security systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs.
- Fabricates unique locks and locking devices for the purpose of meeting specialty needs and/or replacing unavailable parts.
- Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with building and safety regulations.
- Installs locking system (e.g. doors, door hardware, closures, panic hardware, changes lock combinations, security bolts, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and secure facility.
- Maintains vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition
- Monitors facility locks, security systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Re-keys locks and changes combinations for the purpose of ensuring security.
- Repairs a variety of items, systems and/or components (e.g. locks, worn tumblers, shortens tumblers, springs, changes combinations, exist hardware, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition.
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
- Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.