CNA/Nurse Instructor - Park View High School
Health Occupations/CNA Nurse-Teacher -- Career and Technical Education
Under the general supervision of the School Principal (and regulations of the Virginia Board of Nursing), the Health Occupation Nurse instructs professional technical education classes in health occupations (and Nursing Aide) and supervises student activities so that students develop the skills, knowledge, and attitudes related to employment in health careers.
- Provide direct and indirect instructional support to students in a positive environment.
- Teach occupational knowledge and skills in areas such as human body structure and function, microbes and disease, health team relations, patient relations, health care skills, safety, and career preparation. (Curriculum requirements: Part 1 of Nurse Aide Education Program Regulations: 18VAC90-24-10 through 18VAC90-25-60 Code of Virginia).
- Coordinate the placement, supervision, and evaluation of students on internships and clinical experience sites in the community for C.N.A. students.
- Design, select and use planned sequences of instruction for the development of occupational skills and knowledge in preparation for successful completion of the state C.N.A. certification exam administered through the Virginia Board of Nursing.
- Ensure that instructional activities and materials are clearly related to division, school program and course goals and objectives and comply with Virginia State Board of Nursing Regulations.
- Provide instruction based on designed instructional materials or develop alternate materials in prescribed district format.
- Maximize time on task.
- Conduct interesting and well-paced classes using a variety of instructional techniques, strategies, and materials appropriate to the lesson.
- Make sure students understand what to do before undertaking assignments.
- Assess, keep track of and provide feedback promptly and often to students on their progress and assignments.
- Select and requisition required instructional equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Ensure that materials and equipment are properly used, maintained and stored, and that inventory records are accurate and current.
- Participate cooperatively in school, area, and district-wide activities.
- Follow specified standards, policies, and procedures of the building and district.
- Prepare and complete surveys and evaluation/inspection reports in a timely fashion as required by the Virginia State Board of Nursing to be done by R.N.
- Perform related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possess knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for employment in health occupation
- Relate positively with students, teachers, administrators, employers, parents, and the community
- Ability to teach courses that can lead to professional certification in a health occupation
Educational Requirements and Certifications:
Primary instructor must be a Registered Nurse, hold a Bachelor degree and have at least ONE YEAR LONG TERM CARE EXPERIENCE AS AN RN.
Must be eligible for or possess a Virginia professional technical license in nursing
FLSA Status: Exempt