Assistant Girls Wrestling Coach ~ UHS
POSITION: ASSISTANT GIRLS WRESTLING COACH ~ UINTAH HIGH SCHOOL
Part-time position, no benefits
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the school principal, athletic director, and head coach, the assistant coach is to help participating students achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
District Expectations for Assistant Coaches:
• Maintain team organization, discipline, and good relationships with people;
• Assist with scheduling and preparing for practices, Saturday camps, tournaments and games;
• Properly manage and care for equipment and supplies;
• Be responsible for the development of the program;
• Be an example of ethical behavior and moral character;
• Assist with planning and chaperoning any out-of-town games;
• Enforce and follow school athletic policies and by-laws;
• Assist head coach in all matters regarding finance.
• High School Diploma required;
• Successful experience working with secondary students;
• Evidence of coaching experience, training or degree in coaching, experience as a coach or an advisor;
• Preference will be given to candidates with a teaching license.
YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE COMPLETE WHEN YOU ATTACH THE FOLLOWING WITH YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION:
• A cover letter explaining clearly how you qualify/meet district expectations for the position;
• A minimum of three letters of recommendation, including at least one from a direct supervisor (does not have to be a current supervisor), which address your skills at working effectively with students, parents, staff and community members;
• Copies of college transcripts (if applicable).
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERRED CONSIDERATION
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
SALARY: Per District Sanctioned Athletic Salary Schedule