Information Technology Security Engineer/Analyst
Contact: Blaine Edman, Matt Johnson, Paul Lewis
The job of the Information Technology Security Engineer/Analyst has responsibility for the overall security compliance of the district network, servers, devices, technology services, and users in accordance with established Information Technology guidelines and best practices. This includes responsibility for network security, network threat hunting, network device security hardening, investigation into cybersecurity incidents, providing network system protection, offering security best practices for all IT base district solutions, and assisting with the district disaster recovery plan and process.
- Provides input on district policies related to the use of computer based devices, network access, network systems, and data access for the purpose of ensuring compliance with district policy and departmental guidelines.
- Monitor for network security systems for issues associated with vulnerabilities and threat hunting. Investigate and document security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Research, provide recommendations for, implement, maintain and operate network security software solutions to protect district systems, information infrastructure, and user data.
- Work with the Technology leadership team to perform tests and identify network system and computer device vulnerabilities.
- Maintains a variety of secure electronic files and/or records (e.g. permission levels, network identification, security access, licenses, work logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing reference and audit trails related to network security.
- Performs initial security assessment of district servers, routers/switches, and router set-ups (e.g. installation, testing, configuring, assigning passwords, security clearances, imaging, etc.) for the purpose of meeting the basic computer processing needs of the users.
- Monitors the status of the District wide area networks and site level local area networks for the purpose of ensuring availability of network files and peripheral devices.
- Participates in meetings, workshops and/or trainings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions. Gather and correlate data from multiple device management systems and identify devices of concern and coordinate with other team members the remediation of those devices.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. procedures, documentation, reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Provides information, training and in service of general computer based device use security, best practices of password change process, software applications, and file server operations for the purpose of ensuring the efficient use of computers and/or software application.
- Researches current and emerging network and data security technologies for the purpose of improving District functionality.
- Researches software applications for the purpose of providing comprehensive forensic reports as needed in accordance with the district's technology needs.
- Responds to inquires from a variety of district personnel for the purpose of providing support, technical advice and operational assistance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Responds to requests for help, review, training, and/or potential device upgrades, etc. by telephone or e-mail for the purpose of providing information, scheduling appointments and/or referring to alternate resources. Reviews district application account security configurations and practices and recommends protocols for increasing district account security.
- Conducts security tests, reviews results and recommends best practices for the Session, Presentation and Application layers of the OSI model. Advises on and recommends security features that need to be in place for purchasing technology solutions. Serves as an advisor to teams as purchases are considered to make sure essential application security features and measures are in place.
- Advises and recommends security best practices for off-site hosting.
- Serves as an advisor to the Student Data Security Committee.
CNE, CCNA, Security+, COMPTIA Security or equivalent experience
Valid Driver’s License & Evidence of InsurabilityWorking Conditions:
This position would primarily be officed within the District Technology department working with the team members
250 Day contract on the Professional Payscale
LANE H, I, JApplication Procedure: