Special Education Para-Educator I - Secondary
Special Education Para-Educator I - 4 positions available. 3 positions working as a Para and 1 position working with Resource Students.
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 5 to 6 hours (29 hours per week)
Beginning hourly rate: $12.11
- Name: Lorrie Crandall
- Phone: 801-610-8750
- Email: email@example.com
We offer fabulous training and a supporting team of teachers and staff. AF Jr. is the best place to work!! THREE positions available working with students enrolled in self-contained, special program classes. ONE position available working with resource students.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Administers tests, homework, make-up work, etc. for the purpose of supporting teachers in the classroom.
- Communicates with supervising instructional staff, professional support personnel, for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress and/or implementing IEP objectives.
- Implements under the supervision of assigned teacher, behavioral plans designed by IEP team for students with behavior disorders or other special conditions for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Maintains instructional materials and/or manual and electronic files/records for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing written reference; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors students during assigned periods within a variety of school environments (e.g. rest rooms, playgrounds, hallways, bus loading zones, cafeteria, parking lots, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Provides under the supervision of assigned teacher, instruction to students in a variety of individual and group activities (e.g. academic subjects, social skills, daily living skills, etc.) for the purpose of reinforcing instructional objectives; implementing IEP plans; and ensuring students success in school.
- Attends in meetings and in-service presentations (e.g. first aid, CPR, emergency procedures, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.