Homebound Part Time Teacher with FRS
TITLE: HOMEBOUND ITINERATE TEACHER PREK
THROUGH 12TH GRADE
QUALIFICATIONS: 1.Bachelor’s degree from an accredited
2.Ability to work cooperatively with individuals
3.Certified by the State of Florida in the appropriate area.
4.Such alternatives to the above qualifications as
the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Director of ESE
JOB GOAL: To provide special or general education students who are confined to the home with learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Accommodate or modify instructional material when needed per students IEP or Section 504. Prepare provided lessons and other instructional materials to student ability levels. Work with a student in a home or community setting as assigned.
- Provide homebound instruction for students who are unable to attendschool, including implementation of an IEP when needed.
- Collaborate and communicate with students, parents, school team, and related service providers for each student assigned
- Implement an instructional program for assigned students, maintaining a service log, and appropriate data documentation for each student assigned.
- Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to accommodate or modify regular curricula as needed.
- Participate in Section 504 and/or IEP meetings if required.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and capabilities of each student assigned.
- Use technology in teaching/learning process.
- Travel to home of each student enrolled in the homebound program to deliver instruction.
- Assess the achievement of each student on a regular basis through formal and informal methods and provide progress updates as required
- Create an environment conductive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Consult with district staff regarding education, social, medical, and personal needs of each student.
- Manage and maintain a schedule to meet the needs of the required caseload.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
- Fulfill contractual obligations.
- All other such job-related duties as shall be assigned by the immediate supervisor or the Superintendent of Schools.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten-month schedule
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated by
the immediate supervisor.