Theater Shop Foreman
THEATER SHOP FOREMAN
Hiring Pay Range: $29.38 - $31.19 per hour, DOE
Schedule: 40 hours per week, 217 paid work days per year.
Location: Catalina Foothills High School
Target Start date: To be determined
Under general supervision of Theater Technical Director performs work of moderate difficulty, coordinating and providing analytic/diagnostic support activities.
The Theatre Scene Shop Foreman manages the construction of theatre scenery, assists in the construction, placement, and rigging of scenery for departmental productions, performs general maintenance and upkeep of shop machinery and tools, helps to plan and organize the construction projects, and instructs and supervises student workers in the construction of theatre scenery.
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this job class.)
- Perform set construction to include reading and interpreting design.
- Order supplies and materials in coordination with Technical Director
- Cut, paint, repair, and modify stage props for shows and plays.
- Organize theater shop by planning space utilization and ensuring the safe/secure storage of sets and supplies.
- Maintain and manage the safety/cleanliness of facility.
- Teach/Supervise students to manage the facility and to apply academic knowledge.
- Train and mentor students of differing experience levels in a positive and encouraging manner.
- Complete paperwork such as timesheets, purchase orders, etc.
- Maintain, repair and replace shop tools.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with Technical Director(s) and other shop personnel.
Desired/Required Knowledge, Skills and Other Characteristics:
Knowledge of safe theatre practices and general tool safety required.
Knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations.
Knowledge of sound engineering in construction and rigging techniques.
Vectorworks/Spotlight or CAD drafting.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Degree in Theatre preferred (specifically BA or BFA) or 4+ years experience in Theatrical Experience in Carpentry, Welding, Advanced Lighting systems and Advanced Sound systems.
Prior theater technology/production experience is required.
Must have the ability to work without direct supervision, be able to handle multiple tasks, demonstrate a continual desire to improve and gain knowledge in the field and be able to adapt to changing work environments.
The ability to lift and carry materials weighing between 50 - 100 pounds on a daily basis is required. The position requires prolonged standing, frequent bending or stooping and climbing of steps and ladders.
Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy
CFSD is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to sex (which includes a prohibition against sexual harassment as described in the District’s policy concerning sexual harassment), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, or disability.