HVAC SYSTEM SPECIALIST
Job | Posted a month ago
HVAC Climate Control Specialist (HVAC Control Specialist)
Contract and Benefits
Hours a day: 8
Hourly rate: $23.44 - $27.59 Depending on Education and Experience
Starting date: 07/01/2021
- Name: Mike Privett
- Phone: 801-610+8066
- Email: email@example.com
The job of HVAC Climate Control Specialist (HVAC Control Specialist) is done for the purpose/s of providing HVAC services with specific responsibility for guiding assigned workers; ensuring completion of projects in accordance with trade standards; providing information on the proper uses of equipment; identifying repair and/or replacement needs; monitoring, programming, and maintaining security and HVAC systems; providing information on the operation of HVAC systems; and supporting other skilled trades in completing work assignments.
- Analyzes blue prints, schematics, and drawings for existing and proposed electrical/HVAC systems for the purpose of identifying location of new and existing systems and determining the efficient installation of additional systems.
- Collaborates with utility companies for the purpose of gathering information to compare pricing structure, etc.
- Confers with immediate supervisor and assists with the coordination of day to day maintenance activities for the purpose of ensuring the proper and efficient maintenance and repair of District buildings, facilities and grounds.
- Coordinates with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in heating/air conditioning systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and replacement needs.
- Estimates materials and/or equipment needed to compete work projects for the purpose of ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Fabricates equipment parts for the purpose of meeting specialty needs and/or replacing discontinued or unavailable parts.
- Implements assigned programs and/or projects (e.g. inspection schedules, preventive maintenance programs, etc.) for the purpose of conforming to established guidelines.
- Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for decisions making, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and safety regulations.
- Inspects completed work (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring quality of work standards are met and identifying preventive maintenance requirements.
- Installs heating/air conditioning equipment and systems (e.g. boilers, chillers, air handlers, valves, heat pumps, control systems, exhaust fans, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded capabilities.
- Maintains vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition
- Maintains a variety of files and records (e.g. time sheets, inventory, work orders, labor/material estimates, equipment repair manuals, etc.) for the purpose of providing an up to date reference and audit trail.
- Monitors contract work for the purpose of ensuring contract terms are fulfilled and work standards are met.
- Oversees assigned personnel and the day to day activities and operations for the purpose of ensuring that assignments are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner and maximizing the efficiency of the workforce.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of security/HVAC systems.
- Prepares reports and written materials related to assigned activities and personnel (e.g. records of refrigerants, daily paperwork/log, time and materials, specifications, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Procures equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining availability of required items in order to complete jobs efficiently.
- Programs energy management systems for the purpose of adjusting the programs for maximum efficiency.
- Recommends plans, policies, procedures and/or specific actions for the purpose of addressing department goals, objectives and work-related needs.
- Repairs heating/air conditioning systems and components, and obsolete equipment for the purpose of providing comfort within facilities.
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Trains assigned personnel on procedures used for security/HVAC equipment repair for the purpose of developing their professional and safety awareness skills.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.