Teaching Assistant Level II - Guided Studies
Job | Posted a month ago
Teaching Assistant Level II-Guided Studies
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 5.5 per week
Hourly rate: $13.75
- Name: Kari Shirk
- Phone: 801-610-8785
- Email: email@example.com
Guided Studies is a class that emphasize study skills, self perception skills, and academic knowledge by showing student ways to assess and develop good habits in school and with their homework. Providing support to the instructional program within assigned classroom with specific responsibility for assisting in the instruction of individual or small groups of students in a variety of subject areas; assisting in the implementation of a behavior modification program; monitoring and reporting student behavior and performance; and performing a variety of clerical duties as assigned.
- Work with counselors and teachers to support students in monitoring grades.
- Provide intervention strategies including direct instruction on study skills.
- Support students while they are working on assignments from their other classes.
- Communicates with teachers regarding assigned students' progress for the purpose of participating in needs assessments and/or assisting in evaluating progress.
- Documents observations of student performance in academic and school activities (e.g. social skills, behavior, assignments, etc.) for the purpose of providing written records and/or complying with mandated requirements.
- Guides special education students in personal interactions and/or specific student issues for the purpose of developing interpersonal skills and successful problem solving strategies.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic instructional files and records for the purpose of providing written reference and meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors students' performance for the purpose of providing feedback to students, teachers and/or others involved in the provision of services in accordance with IEPs.
- Obtains homework assignments for students at different academic levels for the purpose of addressing classroom requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent