Biology- Science Teacher
Lenoir City Schools
Position Title: Teacher
Reports To: Principal
Job Goal: To give instruction to the students in the areas assigned by the Principal and Director of Schools
Term of Employment: 10 Months
Responsibilities: (Include but are not limited to)
- Know and follow all school board policies.
- To give classroom instruction in the subject area assigned by the principal and director of schools.
- To record accurately the number of students present and absent each day.
- To be aware of where every student assigned to your classroom is at all times in the event of an emergency (e.g., fire drill, severe weather warning, school lockdown, etc.).
- To follow state and local courses of study, to follow rules and regulations of the state and local boards of education, and to follow school rules and policies established by the principal.
- To participate in all required in-service activities and continue professional development.
- Communicate with parents/guardians to keep them duly informed of their child’s progress and hold conferences with parents/guardians when necessary.
- To report to the principal of the school when one knows or reasonably suspects that a child’s health or welfare has been or appears to have been harmed as a result of abuse or neglect.
- To give full, willing and helpful cooperation in carrying out all reasonable instructions, or extra assignments which are given by the principal before, during and after the school day.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- Current Tennessee teaching license.
- Possess a working knowledge of the state curriculum framework as pertains to their specific classroom subject needs.
- Ability to interpret policies as related to job functions.
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the public and other employees.
- Ability to perform any physical duties assigned with this position (e.g., lifting up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, sitting for long periods of time, walking, seeing, standing for extended periods of time, etc.).