Job | Posted 18 hours ago
Computer Technician: On-Site
220 day Contract and Benefits
Hourly rate: $24.33-35.04/Professeional Salary Schedule Lane A-C depending on experience and qualifications
Starting date: 07/27/2021
- Name: Adam Dajany
- Phone: 801-610-8001
- Email: email@example.com
The job of Computer Technician: On-Site is done for the purpose/s of installing, securing, repairing and maintaining districtwide LAN, WLAN and WAN applications, file/database and Web Servers; ensuring data and network security; managing user access and maintaining related records; assisting in overseeing the LAN computer/server room operation and environment; installing and maintaining Novell/OSX Servers; and providing technical support to district/site staff and students.
- Administers District policies regarding use of computers and data access systems and servers related to district LAN and WAN (e.g. e-mail systems, accounts, print queue, workstation ID, IP assignments, computer labs, classroom computers, staff computers, network, security, antivirus, spyware, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of services to authorized users.
- Installs network (client and server) software on a variety of platforms (e.g. service packs, application software, operating software, hardware upgrades, software upgrades, etc.) for the purpose of upgrading and maintaining District WAN/LAN and VoIP telecommunication systems.
- Maintains network operations and software applications (e.g. servers, such as file, print, application, WEB, database, proxy; operating systems; local onsite server backup; routine maintenance programs, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring efficient operations.
- Oversees the operation of the local onsite network center (e.g. monitoring temperature, organizing materials, ensuring availability of materials, diagnosing and resolving problems with computer systems and networks, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring efficient operations.
- Participates in meetings, workshops and/or trainings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. procedures, system level documentation, reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Researches trends, products, equipment, tests and other pertinent areas for the purpose of recommending procedures and/or purchases.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. staff, administrators, school site personnel, outside vendors and service providers, etc.) for the purpose of providing technical assistance, support and training.
- Supports a variety of computer systems (e.g. SIS, Online Computer Based Testing, TES, financial software, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring District objectives are achieved.
- Supports Technology Specialists and System Support Specialists for the purpose of providing direction and/or solving technical problems.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions of network hardware and/or software applications within the District's local and wide area networks and telephones (e.g. servers, hubs, routers, network protocols, fiber optics, etc.) for the purpose of assisting District staff in resolving operational issues and restoring services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in networking and computer support