Job Title: Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Specialist
Location: Central Office
Reports To: Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
Position Purpose: The Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Specialist will serve as a liason to the Director of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment and school level administrators and teachers with emphasis on pedagogy, alignment, coordination, planning, delivery and assessment of the curriculum and instructional programs.
- Assists with the alignment and articulation to the Virginia Curriculum. Framework, Scope and Sequence, and research based strategies.
- Assists teachers with instructional support and classroom management.
- Observes teachers as guided by the Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment and building administrators and provides immediate feedback on their progress.
- Assist in planning teacher professional development based on division, school and individual teacher needs.
- Assists in reviewing and analyzing assessment data.
- Assists with the development and updating of instructional materials including but not limited to curriculum guides, pacing guides, parent/student documents, and report cards.
- Assists in monitoring teacher pacing guides.
- Assists in maintaining basic and supplementary list of instructional materials.
- Reinforces the vision and mission of the division.
- Performs related work as required by the Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment, and the Division Superintendent.
- Preferred Educational Specialist or Certificate of Advanced Studies in Curriculum and Instruction or Educational Administration/School Leadership.
- At least four years of effective teaching experience.
- Strong communication skills; ability to write and speak clearly and accurately.
- Comfortable with working independently and in teams.
- Displays the ability to focus, produce (see a project through from beginning to end) and meet tight deadlines.
- A multitasker and self-starter.
- Enjoys working with people (both adults and kids).
- Possesses strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Able to work flexible and sometimes late hours onsite.
Salary Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience of the selected candidate for the position of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Specialist, as well as the division’s budget.
To apply electronically please visit https://www.applitrack.com/southampton/onlineapp/
Southampton County Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws in employment or any of its programs or activities. The Compliance Officer for Southampton County Public Schools for the above statues is the Director of Human Resources. P.O. Box 96, 21308 Plank Road, Courtland, VA. 23837, (757) 653-2692.