Under the direct supervision of Building Principal, and in coordination with Music/Movement teacher, to teach weekly music/movement to grades K-6.
Essential Job Functions
• Planning and instructing fun, engaging and age-appropriate music and movement activities
• Establishing and reinforcing positive class management
• Overseeing all music equipment
• Working in cooperation with Music/Movement teacher
• Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
• Standard music equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
• Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
• Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
• Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to perform musical activities
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must be at 21 years of age.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
*20 Hours Per Week-Time Card
Support Professional Salary Schedule, Level A1
Not Benefit Eligible