Office Technician-Contract - Secondary
Job | Posted 20 days ago
Office Technician-Contract - Secondary
Lane 5 Contract & Benefits
Hours a day: This position is a .84 contract with the possibility of a 40 hour work week.
Hourly rate: $12.84-14.43 Depending on qualifications and experience.
- Name: Shane Hill
- Phone: 801-810-8810
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Secretary/Receptionist is done for the purpose/s of providing a wide variety of complex and confidential administrative and secretarial support to assigned administrator; conveying information regarding department functions and procedures; ensuring efficient operation of support functions; and coordinating assigned projects and site activities.
- Administers first aid and prescription medications to students (under the direction of a health care professional) for the purpose of meeting immediate health care needs within established guidelines.
- Compiles data from a wide variety of sources (e.g. time sheets, calendars, expenditures/budget, Internet research, etc.) for the purpose of preparing reports, making recommendations; and/or preparing information for assigned administrator.
- Coordinates a wide variety of projects, functions and/or program components (e.g. meetings, in-service events, travel and accommodations, etc.) for the purpose of completing activities and/or delivering services in a timely fashion.
- Maintains a wide variety of manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g. budget data, employee records, financial records, reports, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Monitors a wide variety activities on behalf of assigned Administrator (e.g. program components, meeting arrangements, account balances, work order status, etc.) for the purpose of achieving goals and meeting target dates in compliance with established guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees the work activities within the office for the purpose of organizing assignments, monitoring progress, and ensuring completion within established guidelines.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, and/or trainings for the purpose of providing or receiving information, recording minutes, and supporting the needs of the attendees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Prepares a wide variety of reports, documents and correspondence of a confidential and non-confidential nature (e.g. letters, memorandums, meeting minutes, charts, periodic and ad-hoc reports, operational procedures, manuals, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Presents information on administrative procedures (e.g. department/program policies, submission procedures, etc.) for the purpose of orienting new personnel and/or disseminating information to existing personnel.
- Processes a wide variety of documents and materials (e.g. time sheets, work orders, requisitions, travel reimbursements, budget transfers, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information in compliance with administrative guidelines and/or regulatory requirements.
- Procures supplies and materials for the purpose of maintaining availability of required items.
- Reconciles account balances for assigned budget categories for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances.
- Represents assigned Administrator in his/her absence for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required for his/her functions.
- Researches a variety of topics (e.g. current practices, policies, education codes, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or recommendations that address a variety of administrative requirements.
- Responds to a wide variety of inquiries from internal and external parties (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
- Schedules a wide variety of activities (e.g. appointments, meetings, travel reservations/accommodations, facility usage, etc.) for the purpose of making necessary arrangements for assigned administrator.
- Supports assigned administrative personnel for the purpose of providing assistance with their functions and responsibilities.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.