Teacher Assistant, Wellness Room Aide
Job | Posted 21 days ago
Wellness Room Aide
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours per day: 5.5
Hourly rate: $11.28 per hour
- Name: Mike Larson
- Phone: 801-610-8109
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Teacher Assistant is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program within assigned classroom with specific responsibility for working with individual and/or small groups of students; and providing clerical support to teacher/s and staff. The Wellness Room aide will be working directly with students who are coming to self-regulate and calm down in order to deal with stressful situations they encounter at school.
- Manages and oversees the day to day operation of our school Wellness Room
- Assists students as they monitor their emotional state and find an activity to complete while they are in the Wellness Room
- Tracks data regarding Wellness Room usage and reports to the school principal and counselor
- Works with individuals and small groups of students to teach appropriate approaches to social/emotional well-being
- Supports classroom teachers and other school personnel for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of curriculum and teaching methodologies.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.