Superintendent of Schools
The Board of Education of the Carbon School District, Price, Utah is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Superintendent of Schools. The position becomes vacant on July 1, 2021.
The Board of Education of the Carbon School District is seeking an experienced administrator who:
• Has successfully implemented school reform practices with a focus on academic excellence, and is committed to the improvement of curriculum and research-based instruction.
• Has experience as a successful classroom teacher and building administrator.
• Understands and uses proven leadership and management practices.
• Follows policy and makes appropriate administrative decisions.
• Is a successful team player and comfortable with shared decision-making.
• Has excellent listening and communication skills and is accessible to the staff and public.
• Creates an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect among employees, administration, and the community.
• Is an effective advocate of school and personnel issues and needs.
• Understands rural school finance and closely monitors the development of district budgets.
• Understands and has experience with issues facing a rural school district.
• Understands and has experience working with low-income populations.
Application materials must be submitted electronically in a single PDF file to Mr. Richard Stowell at email@example.com by 3:00 pm on June 30, 2021. Applications will not be returned.
All applications and credentials will be reviewed by the Board of Education. The Board will interview those candidates considered most qualified.