JOB TITLE: Volleyball Coach (Girls)
Grade Level: 6-8
Work Location: St. Clare Walker Middle School
Immediate Supervisor: Athletic Director
Terms of Employment:
Length contract/work assignment
Position is responsible for providing leadership, supervision and coaching for the academic team at a public high school. Directs and coordinates all aspects of training for athletic competition.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide instruction in all phases of the game of volleyball.
- Provide leadership for the volleyball coaches and players.
- Communicate effectively with the team, parents, and administration, and the media.
- Handle financial items for the volleyball program, including the inventory and purchase of equipment and the collection of fees.
- Participate in athletic department or team fund raisers.
- Complete all necessary forms, including the VHSL required eligibility form.
- Organize and maintain proper records, including VHSL physical forms, insurance information, and team statistics and information.
- Organizes, prepares, and conducts individual and team practices
- Directs all strategic aspects of sports team (i.e.; defense, offense, various individual positions.
- Be knowledgeable of and maintain compliance of Petersburg City Public Schools and Virginia High School League rules, regulations, and policies that pertain to athletic programs.
- Be knowledgeable of, monitor, and maintain compliance of applicable health and safety practices.
- Monitors academic progress of student athletes.
Purchases, monitors, inventories equipment and supplies approved by the Athletic Director. Supervision for approved fund raising for their program.
Keeps an accurate inventory of uniforms, equipment, and supplies. Works with the Athletic Director to prepare required Virginia High School League eligibility lists. Keeps proper records of player statistics for player, parent and media use.
Knows how to set-up and operate volleyball net system and scoreboard.
Contacts:Works with school administration, Athletic Director, parents, media, officials and other coaches.
Works under the direction of the Athletic Director and school principal.
Supervision:Supervise assistant coaches assigned to program. Supervise students participating in the program.
High level of independent decision-making is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the game of volleyball
- Knowledge and understanding of athletic rules, procedures, and policies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Education and experience should demonstrate ability to perform essential job functions.