Title VI (Native American Education) Parent & Student Liaison
Job | Posted 16 days ago
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 5
Hourly rate: $14.90
- Name: Annya Becerra-Lowe
- Phone: 801-610-8521
- Email: email@example.com
- Communicates with families about school and community activities, events, and opportunities for the purpose of meeting the needs of the students and families.
- Coordinates area family engagement meetings and events (e.g. Parent Committee, socials, conferences, partnerships, etc.) for the purpose of decreasing parental isolation and developing parent involvement with their child's school activities.
- Counsels students, staff, parents and guardians for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems, resolving conflicts, referral to appropriate professionals and enhancing probability of student success in school.
- Develops university partnerships for the purpose of helping to provide cultural, professional develoment, college readiness, and mentoring opportunities for students.
- Maintains a variety of confidential and non-confidential manual and electronic lists and records (e.g. work/appointment schedules, contact logs, parent resources, etc.) for the purpose of documenting and/or providing reliable information.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops and committees for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions, ensure consistent messaging and activity coordination, and remaining knowledgeable with program guidelines.
- Prepares a variety of documents, reports and written materials for the purpose of communicating information to parents and staff, providing written support, developing recommendations, and/or conveying information.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources (e.g. other district staff, outside agencies, parents and/or students, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or direction as may be required.
- Supports families in the enrollment process for the purpose of verifying documentation and supporting the accuracy of the family and student databse.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job related experience is desired.
High school diploma or equivalent.