Bartlesville Public Schools
Location: Richard Kane Elementary
Reports To: Site Administrator
Supervises: Students, teacher assistants, and parent volunteers.
Required: Bachelor’s degree and a valid Oklahoma teacher certificate
Summary: Plans and instructs students in lessons designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth in the subject matter and skills that will contribute to their overall development as mature, able, and responsible men and women. Maintain the skill and ability to communicate clearly, apply language, mathematical, reasoning skills, and knowledge of current educational research.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Teaches District Approved Curriculum
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals, establishes clear objectives for all lesson units, projects, and activities, and communicates these objectives to students.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports as required.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Is aware of students’ individual learning needs and provides appropriate accommodations and seeks the assistance of District specialists as required.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, District policy, and administrative regulations.
- Accessible to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Works well with both supervisors and other members of the team.
- Maintains consistent and punctual attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by an administrator.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees, as required.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.