Special Education Teacher
- Hold, or be eligible to hold, Utah Special Education K-12 License with Mild/Moderate or Severe endorsements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Teach Special Education students grades 9-12
1. Teaches District approved curriculum.
2. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
4. Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
5. Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
6. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
7. Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
8. Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
9. Is available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
10. Plans and coordinates the work of paraeducators in the classroom.
11. Provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the student.
12. Creates an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays interest centers and exhibits of student’s work.
13. Understands the IEP process from pre-referral to placement and uses appropriate information to develop IEP goals.
14. Complies with all procedural safeguards and parental rights as outlined by IDEA, Utah Special Education Rules, and San Juan School District Special Education Policies and Procedures.
15. Uses specialized instruction and behavior support plans to meet individual student needs.
16. Provides general education teachers and students with appropriate program modifications and accommodations and provides supplemental aids and services.
- Placed on Licensed Teacher Salary Schedule
- Full time, 183 days, to begin August 16, 2021
-Must submit a district or k12jobspot.com application, resume, transcripts, 3 letters of reference (2 current), and a copy of valid teaching license.
Deadline for Application
- Open until filled. Applications must have contact information for notification of interviews.
San Juan School District
Human Resources Department
ATTN: Laura Palmer
200 North Main Street
Blanding, UT 84511
Telephone: (435) 678-1215