Library Media Specialist
Job | Posted 21 days ago
BARTLESVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
JOB TITLE: LIBRARY MEDIA SPECIALIST
QUALIFICATIONS Oklahoma Teaching Certificate. Must be certified as library media specialist.
CONTRACT: 9 months
WORKING HOURS: 7.25 hours daily,
REPORTS TO: Principal
EVALUATED BY: Principal
SUPERVISES: Library Assistant
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operates and supervises the library to which assigned.
- Evaluates, selects, and requisitions new library materials.
- Assists teachers in the selection of books and other instructional materials, and makes library materials available to supplement the instructional program.
- Informs teachers and other staff members concerning new materials the library acquires.
- Maintains a comprehensive and efficient system for cataloging all library materials, and instructs teachers and students on use of the system.
- Arranges for interlibrary loans of materials of interest or use to teachers.
- Promotes appropriate conduct of students using library facilites.
- Helps students to develop habits of independent reference work and to develop skill in the use of reference materials in relation to planned assignments.
- Participates at curriculum meetings
- Arranges frequently-changing book-related displays and exhibits likely to interest the library’s patrons.
- Weeds obsolete and worn materials from the collections.
- Supervises the clerical routines necessary for the smooth operation of the library.
- Assists with site media and technology needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SALARY GRADE: Teacher salary scale