Head Coach - Volleyball - Bluestone Middle School
Job | Posted 25 days ago
HEAD VOLLEYBALL COACH
Expectations of Coach:
- Instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Provide instruction and guidance that will lead to the formulation and enhancement of self-confidence, self-discipline, good sportsmanship, acceptable social behavior, pride of accomplishment and moral values.
- Cooperates in a timely manner with the school's Athletic Director regarding requests for all rosters, bus departure times, physical, parent permission and emergency medical forms, pre-season and post-season reports, program information relative to sport or any other additional information that might be periodically required. Checks on status of academic eligibility for all prospective team members. Works cooperatively with the Athletic Department.
- Follows Athletic Department policies as provided by the Athletic Director and meets all criteria as outlined in the job description. Recognizes the need to be aware of and implement all applicable administrative policies as set forth by the Board of Education and the Principal.
- Completes a full season of contests including the entire League schedule of regular season contests.
- Provides all applicable in-season training rules to team members in writing prior to the start of the season. Follows appropriate due process procedure when violations occur.
- Sets a positive example at all times while with athletes and is appropriately dressed at all practices and games.
- Is prompt in meeting team for practices and games.
- Participates in any Awards Night programs relative to this sport.
- Maintains suitable sideline conduct including the use of appropriate language at all games with respect to players, officials, and fans.
- Shows physical vitality and enthusiasm for the sport and uses good judgment in decision-making.
- Accepts and profits from constructive criticism and suggestions for improving coaching performance.
- Is competent in the techniques of the sport. Players respond positively to directions given by coach and demonstrate the ability to adapt properly to changing game situations.
- Develops respect through his/her example in appearance, behavior, language and conduct at all times.
- Well-versed and knowledgeable in matters pertaining to the sport.
- Game plans and strategies reflect that the team is well-prepared for its opponents.
- Provides motivation for team to meet/exceed their goals and stresses the value of acceptable personal behavior by each team member. Actively promotes good sportsmanship at all times.
- Provides proper supervision during all bus trips. Makes certain no athletes are left unsupervised in any facility following the conclusion of practices and/or games.
- Demonstrates proper discipline and control over individual team members under his/her control.
- Deals consistently and fairly with disciplinary problems as they arise.
- Works successfully with athletes of various ability levels. Adjusts practice activities to suit the skill levels of his/her athletes.
- Develops a well-organized practice schedule and uses practice time effectively. Practice sessions show evidence of careful preparation in terms of objectives, drills, teaching aids, etc. Utilizes practice time for both individual and team development.
- Maintains accurate inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model.
- Demonstrates knowledge of skills associated with this sport/activity.
- Possesses strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team member and parents.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Candidates should be knowledgeable in all 3 phases of the game. Candidates should have previous head coaching or coordinator experience at the varsity level. Previous playing/coaching experience at the collegiate level would be preferred.
- Candidate must complete all required information and background checks designated through the MCPS Policy Manual.