Media Secondary Library Assistant
Job | Posted 13 days ago
Media Secondary Library Assistant
Lane 7 Contract and Benefits
Hours a day: 7
Hourly rate: $13.93-$16.55 Depending on qualifications and experience.
- Name: Ryan Rocque
The job of Media Secondary Library Assistant is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program at assigned secondary school with specific responsibilities for performing support functions related to collection, processing, circulation, maintenance, and inventory of library materials and/or textbooks, documenting losses and monitoring procedures; implementing age appropriate programs for students utilizing library resources; selecting appropriate items in support of classroom instruction; and instructing students on the proper use of the library resources.
- Assists teachers, students and administrators for the purpose of identifying resource materials for use in classroom and/or class assignments.
- Evaluates books and/or periodicals for retention within collection (e.g. repairing damaged books, recommending retirement of books and/or periodicals, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of books and library materials.
- Maintains materials inventory and collection (e.g. library books, library hardware/software, media equipment and related instructional materials, etc.) for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference and ensuring the availability of materials when required.
- Monitors student activities within Library Media Center for the purpose of maintaining a safe environment conducive to learning.
- Operates a variety of media production equipment and systems (e.g. program channel, record programs, etc.) for the purpose of providing media production services.
- Participates in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Performs routine maintenance and operating checks on media equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability of equipment for school site use.
- Performs circulation activities (e.g. item check-in and check-out, prepare circulation count, lists of overdue items, etc.) for the purpose of controlling the use, location and availability of items in the collection.
- Prepares manual and electronic documents and reports (e.g. collection statistics, scheduling reports/requests, renewal information, overdue lists, textbook orders, fines, costs, etc.) for the purpose of providing documentation and information to others.
- Processes new student library cards; notices of missing, damaged, or overdue books, media and materials for the purpose of providing and/or maintaining access to library resources and securing reimbursement for loses.
- Processes library books, periodicals, software and related media materials (e.g. logging into master files; barcoding, shelving, producing required reports, etc.) for the purpose of providing students and staff with required materials.
- Repairs books and materials for the purpose of ensuring the availability of books and library materials.
- Researches various instructional materials and sources (e.g. guided reading, research sources, etc.) for the purpose of supporting students in their classroom assignments.
- Responds to inquiries of students, staff, parents (e.g. availability of books, finding appropriate reference documents, status of overdue fines, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or direction as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience is required