Special Education Teacher (#264981)
POSITION: Special Education Teacher LOCATION: Explore Elementary
A successful external applicant will be issued a probationary contract.
Must hold a valid and current license from Colorado Department of Education with a Special Education Generalist endorsement.
Colorado teaching license with an elementary endorsement required. Additional endorsement in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education also required.*
*Or willingness to pursue endorsement or equivalent coursework.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Out of District applicants must fill out an application which is on the District web site at the link below. In district applicants may email a letter of interest to Mike Crawford, Deputy Superintendent at HR@mapleton.us.
1. Willingness and ability to meet the diverse needs of learners (including special education, at-risk, linguistically and culturally diverse) by adjusting curriculum and working cooperatively with other staff through inclusion.
2. Commitments and competencies in using a variety of instructional deliveries include, but are not limited to, cooperative learning, multi-sensory reading and math.
3. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to a standards based system of designing and delivering instruction and assessment.
4. Will demonstrate a willingness to collaborate, solve problems.
5. Designs instructional intervention that is clearly focused on the standards and assessments established by the District and the State.
6. Provides expanded opportunities and support for learner success.
7. Demonstrates and models high expectations for all students to succeed.
8. Aligns all instruction with and designs instructional interventions with State and local standards and assessments.
9. Establishes and maintains strong classroom management.
10. Utilizes a variety of teaching styles to accommodate student-learning needs.
11. Generalist or Specialist endorsement preferred.
12. Knowledgeable and experienced in administering a variety of assessments.
13. Demonstrated ability to work with a team approach.
14. Demonstrated ability to write quality IEPs, including goals and benchmarks based on assessments and needs.
15. Flexibility around IEP meeting times.
16. Previous training in KAPLAN, ECAR, and ECAW preferred.