Language Arts Teacher (#264847)
Colorado teaching license with an elementary or English endorsement. Additional endorsement in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education also required.*
*Or willingness to pursue endorsement or equivalent coursework.
A successful external applicant will be issued a probationary contract
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Out of District applicants may fill out an application at www.mapleton.us. In district applicants may e-mail letter of interest and resume to Mike Crawford, Deputy Superintendent at HR@mapleton.us.
Applicants need to be highly motivated, collaborative, and able to promote a positive climate and culture with high academic expectations for all students. Monterey Community School is interested in teachers who will support our mission by:
Standard One: Learning Community * Participating in professional development to support academic growth. * Incorporating the 10 common principles from the Coalition of Essential Schools into all aspects of the school day. * Implementing effective strategies for supporting positive student behavior. * Establishing and maintaining effective classroom management. Standard Two: Accountability
* Committing to using a variety of instructional deliveries including, but not limited to, cooperative learning, authentic assessments, and inquiry based instruction. * Demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to a standards based system of planning and delivering instruction and assessment.
* Aligning intervention processes with standards and assessments and participating in Problem Solving Teams established by the District and State. * Developing assessments, collecting information, and using results to inform instruction and improve practice. * Assisting in the development and implementation of exhibitions of student learning. * Delivering district and school initiatives with fidelity. Standard Three: Collaboration
* Engaging in collaboration with all stakeholders to carry out the mission of the school. * Collaborating with administrators, instructional guide, and colleagues to provide a responsive and supportive environment for all learners. Standard Four: Equity and Diversity
* Demonstrating and holding high expectations for all students to succeed.
* Demonstrating a willingness and ability to meet the diverse needs of learners (including students with special needs, at-risk, linguistically, and culturally diverse) by adjusting curriculum and working cooperatively with other staff. * Participating in research based professional development to enhance instructional practices. * Demonstrating a willingness to pursue an ELL endorsement if not already endorsed.