Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Dallyn Hallows, Preschool Lead Teacher, at (385)-646-5360 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours per week: 29 (enquire with our Lead Teacher)
|Job Title||Preschool Assistant I|
|Salary Schedule||Classified Hourly|
|Contract Length||Hourly Only|
|Last Review Date||November 2020|
This position requires a dependable, patient, and nurturing individual to work with 3-5-year-old children in a preschool classroom setting under the direction of the Leadership Team. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Has basic computer skills to create newsletters, calendars, check email, complete online surveys, and trainings.
- Attends and implements all monthly required Professional Development training.
- Collaborates and shares responsibilities with all team members.
- Attends monthly team meetings.
- Utilizes district assessment procedures for students.
- Arranges for a substitute when absent and notifies team and coordinator.
- Follows district policy for attendance.
- Builds positive relationships with students, parents, and staff.
- Follows preschool professionalism policies (e.g. cell phones, dress code, tardiness, timeliness).
- Creates daily lesson plans from the GSD scope and sequence of Essential Preschool Skills (EPS).
- Provides direct instruction in small and large groups daily.
- Uses We Can! Management system to enable independence and responsibility
- Engages children with enthusiasm, variety, and novelty across the whole day.
- Provides supervision in all activities and settings.
- Gives specific, immediate, and frequent positive reinforcement (at least 4:1).
- Assists in the personal management needs of the students as needed (e.g., feeding, dressing, toileting/diapering, grooming, lifting, positioning, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
Passing score of the ParaPro assessment
Required Prior Experience
No prior experience required
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to collaborate and share responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Displays patience and positivity
Assigned Decision Making
Makes decisions concerning the best way to accomplish tasks assigned by the classroom teacher and related service professionals. Must take directions well and be able to work within specific guidelines. Makes suggestions but must be willing to follow directions. Concerns for safety of self and others.
Interactions with Others
Interacts positively with students, parents, staff, teachers, administration, and other district personnel.
Oversees the safety of students.
Work setting is mainly in the classroom. The noise level is usually moderate to loud. May be exposed to bodily fluids. May be asked to work inside or outside the building to accomplish assigned tasks. Working conditions can be in hot and cold weather. May experience stress from disruptive students and/or groups of students.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to stand/sit for long periods of time.
- Spend long periods of time of the floor.
- Able to run short distances
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Note: The list of essential and marginal functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented in accordance with the requirements of the job.