Job | Posted a month ago
To provide assistance in all subjects in order to accelerate student learning.
- Hold a high school diploma or GED certificate and completed minimally (2) years of secondary education or passed the para Pro assessment test. Postsecondary education preferred.
- Good basic reading, writing and computation skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn to operate, and maintain, a wide variety of instructional equipment (including computers).
- Have demonstrated the personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, teachers, and parents.
- Provides additional instruction to identified students.
- Assists the classroom teacher by working with students in individual or group settings.
- Maintains group discipline using procedures established by the teacher.
- Helps to identify students who need assistance and assists with testing.
- Works with the teacher in planning, organizing, and developing resources and activities for students.
- Operates audio-visual equipment.
- Assists with computer support for students.
- Assists in the ordering, cataloging, distribution, and collecting of materials and to help with storage and maintenance of materials.
- Maintains records and prepares reports.
- Discusses student progress with the teacher.
- Performs assigned daily tasks before and after the student’s instructional day.
- Performs other related work as required by the teacher and principal.
- Abides by all Middlesex County School Board Policies and Regulations.
While the following tasks are necessary for the work of the unit, they are not an essential part of the purpose of this position and may also be performed by other unit members.
- Performs related duties as directed
Data Utilization: Requires the ability to arrange, compare, count, differentiate, measure and/or sort data and/or information.
Human Interaction: Requires the ability to provide guidance, assistance and/or interpretation to others on how to apply procedures and standards to specific situations.
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Materials Utilization: Requires the ability to operate, maneuver and/or control the actions of standard office equipment.
Verbal Aptitude: Requires the ability to utilize a variety of reference data and information.
Mathematical Aptitude: Depending on school grade classroom of assignment, may require the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division; may require ability to calculate decimals and percentages; may require ability to utilize principles of fractions and/or interpret graphs..
Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Involves routine work according to clearly prescribed standard practices, with some latitude for independent judgment.
Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise the judgment , decisiveness and creativity in situations involving a variety of generally pre-defined duties which are often characterized by frequent change..
Physical Ability: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. The employee must be able to push items of 50 lbs. such as pushing a child on a bike or swing, or moving/rearranging furniture. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Sensory Requirements: Most tasks require visual perception and discrimination. Most tasks require oral communications ability. Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate sounds.
Environmental Factors: Tasks are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, temperature and noise extremes, machinery, vibrations, electric currents, traffic hazards, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, violence, disease, or pathogenic substances.
The Middlesex County Public School District will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow them to perform the essential functions of the job when such individuals request an accommodation.
Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.