Custodial Helper 2
Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Jennifer Reed, Principal, at (385)-646-5055 or email email@example.com
Hours per week: 20
|Job Title||Custodial Helper II – adult|
|Supervisor||Head Custodian / Principal|
|Salary Schedule||Classified Hourly|
|Lane Placement||bb – step 5|
|Contract Length||Hourly Only|
|Last Review Date||June 2020|
Provides assistance to students, teacher, custodians and administrators. Performs assigned tasks such as, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and removal of garbage. May also assist in grounds care, building maintenance, cleaning, and moving of equipment. May help with building security by locking/unlocking doors when requested and do final lock-up of building at night including turning on security systems. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required are are essential functions of this position.
- Assists with routine maintenance of school and district buildings.
- Cleans restroom, offices, classrooms, and hallways.
- Mop or runs auto scrubber.
- Extracts/bonnets carpets.
- Assist with floor refinishing.
- Removes garbage.
- May fill soap, paper towel, toilet paper and other dispensers.
- May remove graffiti and repair other acts of vandalism.
- Assist in restricting access by locking and unlocking doors.
- Mows and edges lawns.
- Performs other outside maintenance.
- Cleans up garbage, repairs furniture, lockers, doors and small equipment.
- Involved with security of building after hours.
- Turns on/off security and locks/unlocks the building.
- Performs duties in a manner to maintain an 80% or higher VEKTR inspection.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Needs to know how to operate and maintain basic cleaning equipment, including but not limited to buffers, extractors and auto scrubber.
- May perform minor adjustments to equipment.
- Must understand basic use of cleaning solvents and their proper application.
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must have basis reading and math skills.
Required Prior Experience
One year of prior custodial experience preferred.
Assigned Decision Making
Makes decisions concerning the best way to accomplish tasks assigned by supervisors. Must take direction well and be able to work within specific guidelines. Makes suggestions, but must be willing to follow directions.
Interactions with Others
Interacts positively with students, teachers, principals, custodians, and other district personnel. May also interact appropriately with parents, counselors, and police agencies.
Works inside and outside the building to accomplish assigned tasks. Working conditions can be in hot and cold weather. May experience stress from disruptive students and/or groups of students. Must receive proper training from the Head Custodian when working with cleaning chemicals and must be handled properly.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Note: The list of essential and marginal functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented in accordance with the requirements of the job.