Part Time School Secretary
Description: Performs administrative support work, answering telephone and greeting visitors, providing general information, typing documents, preparing and maintaining files and records, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the moderate supervision of the administrators.
Education Required: High school diploma or GED and minimal experience providing office assistance and administrative support in an office environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required: Knowledge and experience in Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and Adobe Acrobat
Preferred: Prior administrative assistance experience in a school setting and/ or an associate’s degree.
Required Essential Skills:
- Acts as receptionist; greets visitors; answers telephone; provides information; forwards calls to appropriate party; assists faculty and staff with the completion of standardized records or documents; directs visitors to appropriate party.
- Types a variety of documents including correspondence, lists, labels, reports, requisitions, memoranda, etc.; checks items for clerical accuracy and completeness.
- Enters a variety of data into computer; prepares reports and logs; screens, verifies and reconciles input data; performs edits and updates.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of flyers, informational material and newsletters.
- Provides customer service to faculty and staff.
- Receives inquiries, complaints and service requests and resolves them within the framework of established policies and procedures or forwards to appropriate party for disposition.
- Receives, sorts, processes and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Operates a variety of standard office equipment; performs light maintenance on photocopy equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned and operates within the framework of the established policies, procedures and (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities as indicated in the job description)
REPORTS TO: Principal and Assistant Principal
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: (10 months) 200 days; non- benefit position and not subject to VRS
PAY: $12.43 per hour (5 hours per day-maximum)
New Kent County Public Schools will conduct a background investigation (fingerprinting) of the individual recommended to fill this vacancy.
The New Kent County School Board is an equal opportunity employer, committed to non-discrimination in recruitment, selection, hiring, pay, promotion, retention or other personnel action affecting employees or candidates for employment. Therefore, discrimination in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity, age, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or disability is prohibited.