TSA in Secondary Literacy (ELA)
Job | Posted a month ago
Purpose: To work in collaboration with the Director of Secondary Literacy to support, develop, and enhance literacy practices in all secondary schools
- Create and deliver ongoing, job-embedded, content-specific professional learning for teachers
- Prepare and monitor asynchronous learning opportunities for teachers and administrators using Canvas, Padlet, Google Sites, and other relevant technological tools
- Provide ongoing support for schools and teachers as they implement best literacy practices
- Plan and facilitate district literacy cohorts
- Visit classrooms, coach, and act as a thinking partner for teachers who are working through district literacy cohorts
- Manage district literacy accounts and provide technological assistance to teachers using literacy-based technological tools
Perform other related tasks as assigned by the Director, Superintendent, and other central office administrators, as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Relentless desire to improve personal knowledge, skills, and abilities to positively impact district practices
- Interest in learning more about and implementing best practices in secondary literacy
- Familiarity with Canvas and Google Sites
- Willingness to learn about and apply new technological tools
- Organize multiple tasks and meet deadlines with potentially competing time constraints
- Plan and independently execute projects
- Engage in self-evaluation of leadership, performance, and professional growth
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others
Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers, printers, copiers, cameras, telephones, etc.
Travel to school and district buildings and professional meetings, as required.
Current teaching certification in related area
Motor Vehicle Operator’s License or ability to provide own transportation.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required. Master’s Degree or reading endorsement preferred, but not required.
Extensive successful teaching and/or coaching experience at the secondary level is required. Experience creating and successfully delivering online educational content is strongly preferred.