Special Education Coordinator
Job | Posted a month ago
State Education Agency
|Supervisor:||Ms. Kimberly Judge, Director of Special Education|
|Employment Period:||12 months|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Start Date:||August 2, 2021|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and monitoring the division's special education programs for special education programs/PK-12. Position chairs eligibility/IEP meetings; interprets state and federal regulations; develops curriculum; and provides professional development.
- Supervises and administers division wide special education programs for the preschool students with disabilities.
- Serves as a resource and advisor to principals and teachers regarding assigned special education programs.
- Coordinates placement and services for students in out-of-division placements.
- Monitors compliance issues including roster preparation, class size weights, and IEPs for assigned schools.
- Articulates special education eligibility criteria, policies and procedures, and characteristics of disabilities to teachers, administrators, parents and the community.
- Provides instructional support to principals/program directors, teachers, and parents to improve instruction for special education students.
- Assists teachers in the improvement of instructional performance.
- Assists in developing and conducting division wide professional development for teachers and staff in the assigned areas responsible.
- Serves as a facilitator with agencies, committees and departments associated with special education.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Special Education.
- Must possess a Master's degree, be eligible or possess Virginia Postgraduate Professional License and be eligible for a Virginia License in Administration and Supervision.
- Must possess at least 3 years of teaching experience that includes experience with students with disabilities. Educational Leadership experience preferred.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of federal and state regulations that govern educating students with disabilities.
You may apply anytime before midnight on the closing date. The following information is required to be considered for the position:
|External Candidates||Internal Candidates|
|Feedback on reference forms from all persons listed as references (minimum of three)||Feedback on reference forms from all persons listed as references (minimum of three)|
|Most recent performance evaluation|
Only complete applications will be considered.
Hampton City Schools does not discriminate in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability or other protected class. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Executive Director of Human Resources, One Franklin Street, Hampton, VA 23669; (757) 727-2300. Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.