Summer School Teachers
- Position Type:
Summer School Teachers
- Date Posted:
May 7, 2021
Charles City Elementary School
- Date Available:
June 28, 2021-July 29, 2021
- Closing Date:
TEACHER – General Education and Special Education
POSITION TYPE Exempt
PRIMARY FUNCTION Assume responsibility for the planning and delivery of instruction designed for student learning in the classroom and the school.
- Master’s preferred
- Holds a professional license with a teaching endorsement at the appropriate level (elementary, middle or high school).
- Demonstrates professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, parents, school personnel, and members of the community
- Ability to move about in room to monitor students and check work in classrooms with varied seating and desk organization patterns.
- Ability to travel to more than one work location in the course of the day if assigned to an itinerant position.
- Ability to prepare required written reports.
- Ability to monitor and ensure appropriate student behavior, including outdoor activity areas, gymnasiums, etc.
- Possesses high moral standards and integrity
REPORTS TO: School Administrator
- Plans and prepares for classroom instruction
- Provides a positive classroom environment that promotes student learning
- Uses a variety of instructional strategies to meet varied student needs
- Complies with state laws, school board policies, and administrative regulations
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed for an orderly, productive classroom and school
- Encourages the productive citizenship and respectful conduct of students
- Monitors and assesses student progress
- Identifies resources and personnel to meet the needs of individual students
- Maintains accurate, complete records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation
- Informs parents regarding student progress, the instructional program, and other school issues
- Demonstrates positive school-community relations
- Works cooperatively with colleagues, support staff, and administration
- Engages in professional growth activities and demonstrates professionalism
- Identifies needed resources and materials for classroom instruction
- Contributes to the total school program
- Performs other duties as assigned by school administrator
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT June 28, 2021 - July 29, 2021
SALARY: $28 per hour PLUS an additional $240 per week
APPROVED BY SUPERINTENDENT February 19, 2016
JOB DESCRIPTION PREPARED BY
Supervisor of Human Resources
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. ?
The employee signature below constitutes the employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position and has agreed that they are capable of and willing to perform in a reasonable manner the activities involved in the job and role for which they have offered.
The Charles City County School Board (“School Board”) is an equal opportunity employer, committed to nondiscrimination in recruitment, selection, hiring, pay, promotion, retention or other personnel actions affecting employees or candidates for employment. Therefore, discrimination in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, genetic information or disability is prohibited. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
The Charles City County Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this position description and related duties at any time.