Under the supervision of the Superintendent, the Principal provides leadership for the school staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive educational program and instructional program in accordance with school board policies and administrative regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrate professionalism in working with staff and community.
2. Listen to others and be receptive to new ideas.
3. Show sustained effort and enthusiasm in the quality and quantity of work accomplished.
4. Actively pursue professional growth activities.
5. Demonstrate loyalty to the school division, the School Board, the Superintendent and all staff members.
6. Assume responsibility for instructional leadership and effective school management.
7. Review and addend written job descriptions for all school staff as needed.
8. Develop a policies and procedures handbook for the school which is consistent with school board policies and division regulations.
9. Supervise the maintenance of accurate school records and reports.
10. Approve the master teaching schedule, coordinate the scheduling process and make necessary assignments.
11. Supervise and evaluate the school's co-curricular and extra-curricular program.
12. Attend school sponsored activities.
13. Implement the school board's student Code of Conduct effectively.
14. Assume responsibility for a safe and healthy school environment.
15. Participate in the selection, supervision, and assignment of all school building personnel.
16. Assume responsibility for the supervision and evaluation of all licensed and service personnel.
17. Conduct meetings of the staff as necessary for the proper functioning of the school.
18. Keep the superintendent informed of the school's activities and problems.
19. Respond promptly and thoroughly to written and oral requests for information .
20. Assume responsibility for the organization and administration of the public relations program for the school, including all publications, official school correspondence and news releases.
21. Provide assistance in the development, revision, and evaluation of the curriculum.
22. Supervise all curriculum and support programs to enhance individual student education and development.
23. Provide an orientation program for newly assigned staff members and assist in their development as appropriate.
24. Work cooperatively with various members of the central administrative staff on school related and county-wide issues.
25. Maintain school property in a neat, clean and appropriate condition and assume responsibility for the safety and administration of the school property, buildings, supplies, and equipment.
26. Monitor the completion of inventories of all property under his/her jurisdiction and for the security, accountability, and distribution of that property, e.g., textbooks, computer technology.
27. Prepare and administer the school budget, supervise school finances, prepare and submit the school's budgetary requests, and monitor expenditures of all funds according to adopted procedures.
28. Maintain, control and account for the various local funds generated by student and school related activities.
29. Participate in principals' meetings, division meetings, and such other meetings as are required or appropriate.
30. Serve as a member of such committees and attend such meetings as directed by the Superintendent or designee.
31. Supervise the daily use of the school facilities for both academic and non-academic purposes.
32. Plan and supervise the emergency preparedness program, including fire drills, according to state law and division regulations.
33. Provide for the appropriate safety of all personnel engaged in the school program and exercise decisive leadership in crisis situations.
34. Serve as an ex-officio member of all committees and councils within his school.
35. Assist in providing for the safe arrival and departure of students.
36. Must work in close harmony with colleagues, supervisors, and co-workers.
37. Maintain a clean, neat appearance, appropriate to position.
38. Comply with all district and school policies and regulations.
39. Adhere to guidelines of confidentiality as outlined in federal and state laws and School Board Policies and Procedures.
40. Maintain a record of appropriate attendance and punctuality.
41. Serve as an optimal role model for students, colleagues, and the general public.
42. Actively pursue professional growth activities.
43. Performs other duties as assigned.