SPED Preschool Aide
Job | Posted a month ago
SPED Preschool Aide
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 6.25/day 4 days/wk (T-F)
Hourly rate: $11.64
- Name: Kerri Hundley
- Phone: (801) 610-8712
- Email: email@example.com
The job of Preschool Special Education Paraeducator was established for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program within assigned classroom with specific responsibility for assisting with and monitoring developmentally appropriate activities for preschool students who have special needs, within the classroom and other assigned areas; preparing and serving snacks; collecting data related to student progress under direction of the special education and classroom teachers; collaborating with special education staff as needed; and assisting in maintaining a clean and safe environment for students.
- Works cooperatively with the teacher, assistant teacher, related servers, volunteers, and/or student workers for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students, primarily those who have special needs.
- Facilitates preschool students’ learning (e.g. pre-academics, art, science, music, dramatic play, and movement activities, etc.) for the purpose of improving the students’ academic success and transition to elementary school.
- Manages student behavior under supervision of the teacher and special education teacher for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Monitors individuals and/or groups of preschool students in a variety of educational setting (e.g. snack time, group or individual games, playground activities, loading/unloading buses, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Actively engages with students in activities for the purpose of modeling appropriate participation and behavioral expectations.
- Assists the teacher to assess student progress toward objectives, expectations, and/or goals.
- Works directly with preschool students who have special needs, including implementing instruction provided by the teacher and/or special education teacher and maintaining accurate data for the purpose of implementing the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) as legally required.
- Assists preschool aged children with a variety of daily living skills (e.g. diapering, toilet training, feeding, etc.) for the purpose of providing instruction and addressing personal care needs.
- Models conversation, manners, clean up activities, listening skills, etc. for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social and interpersonal behavior.
- Participates in a variety of meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Responds to inquiries from students, co-workers, and administrators as assigned for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information, and/or direction to appropriate sources.
- Transfers children directly from/to parents or designee for the purpose of ensuring safety of children and meeting the District requirements.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to the appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Administers first aid and/or dispense medications for the purpose of meeting immediate health care needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.