Early Childhood Development Coordinator
Job Title: Early Childhood Education Coordinator
Supervisor: Director of Special Education or Principal
Job Classification: Exempt Contract Length: 200 Days; Part-time – 20 hours/week
Position is responsible for oversight of the early childhood programs (Early Childhood Special Education, VPI, Title I pre-school, three-year old classroom). Position conducts staff development, models lessons, conducts classroom observations using CLASS and provides feedback to teachers and administrators on the school’s pre-school programs. Position is responsible for all Federal and other reporting required for the preschool programs.
1. Coordinates the instructional programs within the early childhood programs (Early Childhood Special Education, VPI, Title I pre-school, three-year old classroom)
2. Coordinate and link early childhood programming with the division’s PK-12 initiatives and improvement plan
3. Direct the activities of the professional and support staff within the early childhood programs
4. Collaborate and coordinate programs with community service providers, agencies and partners
5. Supervise preparation and completion of local, state and federal grant/budget reports and maintenance of reports
6. Completes reports, collects data, and provides information for program monitoring as requested
7. Attend professional development and trainings for CLASS
8. Conduct classroom observations using CLASS and informal instruments
9. Assist with the coordination of staff development that is designated to increase professional understanding of the best practices in Early Childhood Education and the whole child
1. Attends staff development programs, curriculum development meetings, and other professional activities.
2. Keeps abreast of developments, research, and new technology in the field.
3. Keep accurate and up-to-date records as established by local policy and complete required reports within required timelines
4. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the school principal or other appropriate administrators.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Bachelor’s degree and valid teaching license with endorsement in Early Childhood Education or Special Education preferred
Must possess effective instructional delivery techniques and excellent communication skills
Must possess an in-depth knowledge of instructional best practices for early childhood students
Must possess knowledge of local, state and federal laws/regulations as they pertain to early childhood education programs
Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school colleagues, school administrators, parents and students.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; to enter data into a computer; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without visual aids; hear and understand speech at normal classroom levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal classrooms and on the telephone; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height; ability to bend, stoop, climb stairs, and reach overhead.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties are normally performed in an office/ school/classroom environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Building principal or Supervisor
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. Middlesex County Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.