Job | Posted 10 days ago
- Secondary education
Seeking a person who has/or is willing to obtain the state of Utah credentials for teaching the curriculum of Health. Someone who has an excellent rapport with people. (Students/Parents/Staff) Someone who is willing to learn about the Timpanogos High School culture and someone who is willing to adopt that philosophy/culture as their own. Someone who will strive to use the curriculum that they teach to be the vehicle which will help them to embody and teach the skills and dispositions which we have identified which will help students to be successful after high school. Someone who is willing to take on other responsibilities within the school which may not be known at the time but which may come about through time and necessity.
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' awareness and understanding of physiology, health and nutrition, biological functions, and the importance of hygiene and exercise to physical and mental well-being; and to motivate students to work towards good health.
- Develops and administers Health Education classes consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Teaches knowledge and understanding of physiology, health and nutrition, physiology, anatomy, and biological functions.
- Develops students' concepts in nutrition, food groups, diet, caloric intake, vitamins, and related topics.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student growth and progress in physical educational activities, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within physical education and grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current health education instructional methods, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding education and students, as well as relating to health education.
- Knowledge of physiology, health and nutrition, biology and biological functions, anatomy, hygiene, exercise, and best ways to promote physical and mental well-being.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Alpine School District
575 N. 100 E , American Fork, UT 84003
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,571
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 22.85
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 338