Summer Grounds Worker
Job | Posted 5 days ago
|Job Title||Summer Ground Worker|
|Salary Schedule||Hourly Classified|
|Contract Length||Hourly Only|
|Last Review Date||January 2021|
Mowing of school and district properties, assist in maintaining fence cement, sprinklers, pruning, planning shrubs & trees. Assist with moving equipment to various locations, laying sod, and other landscaping needs. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Learn and work with other groundskeepers in a variety of different trades.
- Work with irrigation systems, landscaping, tile, concrete, small engines, welding, and playground equipment.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
Must be at least 18 years old
Must have current Utah driver’s license
Required Prior Experience
No prior experience required.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Basic knowledge of mowers, trimmers, and other landscaping tools and equipment.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic oral and written communications and interpersonal relations.
Makes decisions concerning the best way to accomplish tasks assigned by the supervisors. Must take directions well and be able to work within specific guidelines. Makes suggestions but must be willing to follow directions. Concern for safety of self and others. Must be able to perform assigned tasks without on-site supervision.
Interactions with Others
Interacts positively with students, teachers, principals, other district personnel.
Subject to a variety of temperatures. May be subject to high locations, awkward positions, heat, noise, dirt, chemicals, and confined spaces. May experience stress in meeting deadlines. Interruptions may occur while performing work requiring accuracy and concentration.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to stand/sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Note: The list of essential and marginal functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented in accordance with the requirements of the job.
Granite School District
2500 South State Street , Salt Lake City, UT 84115
At the following locations
380 WEST GREGSON AVE , SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84115
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,571
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 22.85
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 338