STUDENT SUCCESS COORDINATOR
Job | Posted 14 hours ago
- Cultivate commitment and support for Social-Emotional Learning (SEL).
- Coordinate new SEL curricula and facilitate related professional development.
- Support career exploration learning through soft skills development.
- Maintain the focus on student success by fostering a growth mindset.
- Assist collaborative teams in implementing a guaranteed, viable curriculum, in administering common formative and summative assessments, and in using student data to refine teaching practices. Plan and reflect with administrators, teachers and grade-level teams on curriculum implementation.
- Assess the functionality and progress of SEL programming.
- Model professionalism, model and share research-based best practices, and model vulnerability and humility to foster safety and trust.
- Meet weekly with teams-creating weekly/monthly/term/annual goals.
- Actively assist teams in the Plan-Do-Study-Act continuous improvement cycle.
- Establish community partnerships that foster career exploration and Life Ready development.
- Be an ambassador for the Oak Ridge Schools' Portrait of a Graduate work.
- Attend additional training for Portrait of Graduate, TEAM, and prioritized curriculum content (Must be available for June 3-4 Cognitive Coaching PD).
- Work closely with Literacy, Math, Data, STEM, and PLC district coordinators and CCTE Supervisor.
- Understand how healthy decisions positively impact both body and mind.
- Has a belief that ALL children can learn.
- Has an understanding of Portrait of a Graduate, and believes it is the right direction for our district.
- Has shown leadership in a variety of capacities at a team, school, or district level.
- Has a minimum of five years teaching experience.
- Has knowledge of academic standards and experience in analyzing, adjusting, and monitoring standard alignment and assessment (health education).
- Has a deep understanding of curriculum, data, and child development through experiences at different grade levels or within different subject areas.
- Has the ability to build trusting, professional relationships with colleagues.
- Is positive, loyal, trustworthy, and professional.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree and active Tennessee teaching license with appropriate teaching endorsements.
SALARY RANGE: Based on external/internal Coordinator/Counselor salary schedule
Oak Ridge City School District
304 New York Ave. , Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $9,312
% ELL Students
State Average: 4%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.06
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 874