Elementary Instructional Coach
BARTLESVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Job Title: Instructional Coach
Location: Jane Phillips Elementary School
Elementary Instructional Coach Role and Responsibilities
The Instructional Coach is integral to the integrity of the instructional process. This person must have demonstrated outstanding instructional skills for a minimum of 5 years.
The following functions are critical to the successful support the instructional process and improved student learning.
1. Model enthusiasm, commitment and intensity for district initiatives and instructional programs in all content areas.
2. Ensure effective communication with the other members of the Leadership Team (Instructional Coaches, Elementary Grade Level and Special Area Coordinators, Secondary Department Heads, Supervisor of Student Accountability and assessment, Principals, Assistant Principals, Executive Directors of Curriculum and Instructional, Director of Special Services, Director of Federal Programs.)
3. Communicate in a positive and collaborative manner with Parents. Facilitate the development and publication of a site quarterly newsletter to parents to communicate how to they can support learning at home.
4. Visit classrooms on a daily basis to:
A. Encourage and support teachers in their efforts to implement best instructional practices in all content areas.
B. Demonstrate instructional strategies teachers can use to improve student learning.
C. Observe and problem solve with teachers on how to overcome student
5. Provide ongoing site (and district) training, monitoring and support for new and experienced teachers, to ensure they are implementing district initiatives and utilizing best instructional practices.
6. Meet with the site principal weekly to review student progress toward site improvement plan goals, plan ongoing site professional development, review instructional concerns and plan action to improve student learning.
7. Coordinate the collection and entry of student assessment data in all core content areas.
8. Organize the ongoing district assessment processes used to determine student performance and instructional grouping to differentiate instruction and meet students’ needs.
9. Assist teachers with tracking and analysis and instructional use of student formative and summative assessment data.
10. Facilitate ongoing grade level or team meetings focused on the analysis of student progress and improving student learning.
11. Organize and lead site and district meetings and facilitate ongoing staff development training programs which are needs based and focused on maximizing student learning.
12. Continually upgrade content knowledge, leadership skills and instructional knowledge and skills.
13. And other duties as assigned.