Learning Fund Purchasing Agent I
Job Title: Learning Fund Purchasing Agent I
Department: Learning Fund
Reports To: Learning Fund Coordinator
Compensation: $36,000 base + $5,000 bonus potential
The Learning Fund Purchasing Agent I’s main function is to ensure adherence to the process of ordering and distribution of all Epic property obtained through the Learning Fund, while maintaining the highest level of customer service both internally and externally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Actively participate in the success of Epic Charter School
- Adhere to laws, policies, procedures and ethical standards of Epic Charter School
- Process orders of educational items requested by teachers and students in a high-volume capacity
- Maintain order status by tracking orders from initial request to delivery
- Maintain student learning fund account balances and provide customers with balance inquiries.
- Process, update, and reconcile student accounts using software
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Process invoices submitted for payment to vendors and service providers.
- Providing customer service to parents, teachers and vendors
- Perform duties and processes to account for the inventory of assets.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- No supervisory responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous data entry and customer service is preferred.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns and overcome objections
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a high-volume and fast-paced environment
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with customers over the phone
- Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly
- Strong attention to detail, dependability, and follow-through
- Resolve issues and conflicts
- Passionate commitment to the mission of school choice
- Ability to maintain professional confidentiality and comply with FERPA guidelines
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret internal communications, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from families or members of the business community. Ability to communicate effectively with students, families and coworkers, both verbally and in writing.
Basic math and accounting skills required
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and the Google Suite with the ability to manage multiple computer screens. Must have a high aptitude to learn new software as necessary for the business operations of the school.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current driver's license and valid car insurance
- Must be able to pass a state-mandated background check after a conditional offer of employment is made
- Must have favorable employment references
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position reports to the Epic Administration office. The noise level is quiet to moderately loud (when students are present.)