Help Desk Technician
Job Description- Technology Department Help Desk Technician
The chief responsibility of the help desk technician is to ensure that incoming calls are answered, logged and correct solutions provided to school district employees. The help desk technician performs functions such as: resetting passwords, troubleshooting end user computer problems and imaging computers remotely. Clear and concise communication skills are essential as well as a friendly demeanor. They must be able to work in groups as well as independently. They are assigned to the Technology Department network operations center where they provide day-to-day service, but may be given other assignments during periods of infrequent calls. This position report directly to the Network Operations Supervisor. The specific hours of this position are still to be determined, but they may vary between 7:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday-Friday.
- Display a strategy of handling incoming phone calls, instant messages, emails and walk-ins that leaves each customer feeling satisfied that they have received excellent care.
- Provide excellent customer service to Staff, Students and Parents as they call in for technology related needs.
- Strategically assign work tickets to field technicians when needed.
- Be able to understand how to image machines through the use of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Server or similar system
- Be able to understand and manage time by utilizing work order software
- Be able to accurately diagnose problems through phone conversation
- Be familiar with an education oriented environment
- Be able to understand and follow specific or technical directions as well as clearly communicate those directions across the phone
Formal Education and Certifications
- High School Diploma required
- Post High School Degree Preferred
- Computer Certifications preferred: A+, CompTIA and other certifications
Knowledge and Experience
- 1-5 years experience providing help desk services or similar type service preferred
- Experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting, end user support both in person and remotely preferred
- Experience with desktop and mobile operating systems (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, IOS, Android, Linux etc.)
- Ability to track individual progress and complete individual tasks assigned by a supervisor or self
- Must possess and maintain a Utah drivers license
- Must be team oriented
- Strong team oriented character
- Must maintain a positive service pattern
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must possess an ability to collaborate and communicate clearly and effectively with all employees
- Must maintain the ability to meet deadlines
- Must possess a high degree of analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- Must be able to work well and maintain composure under the pressures of a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Full-time, 8 hrs per day, year-round employment
Support Professional Salary Schedule: E2