Dine Studies Literacy Teacher K-12
Job | Posted 17 days ago
POSITION/TITLE: Dine´ Studies & Literacy Teacher
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 MonthsSALARY: As Per District Salary Schedule
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
BENEFITS: Standard QUALIFICATIONS:
- Arizona Department of Education State Certification with teaching certificate in elementary or secondary area and Native American Language Certificate.
- Holds a valid Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Card.
- Navajo Nation Background Check Criminal History.
- Three years of teaching experience (preferred).
- Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking in the Dine´ language.
- Must have a proven successful employment record.
- REQUIRED for High School Dine´ Studies Teacher - Master’s Degree in Bilingual/Multicultural Education required (to meet the Dual Credit enrollment requirements).
JOB GOAL: To provide Dine´ Literacy and Culture instruction to PreK-12th students, so students can become proficient in the Dine´ Language and Culture.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of content area(s) and approved curriculum.
- Develops/Selects/Revises the Dine´ Studies curriculum.
- Differentiates instructional methods and resources.
- Utilize a variety of teaching methods and resources for each area of instruction, and use appropriate techniques.
- Comprehend the principles of student growth, development and learning, and apply them appropriately.
- Manage classrooms to ensure the best use of instructional time.
- Works productively with administration, colleagues, parents, and community.
- Prepare for instruction and show evidence of preparation.
- Attends professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Provides learning experiences in Dine´ language arts, culture and history.
- Develops and use Dine´ language arts, culture and history instructional materials suitable for verbal and visual instruction for students with a wide range of mental, physical, and emotional maturities.
- Provides individual and group instruction designed to meet individual needs and help students make a satisfactory transition to school.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve effective participation in all activities.
- Communicates with parents through a variety of ways including parent conferences to discuss the individual student's progress.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, behavioral and learning problems.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards and centers.
- Maintains professional competence through participation in in-service education activities.
- Uses technology as an instructional tool in the classroom where appropriate and models the use of technology for personal and professional work management.
- Recent development, current literature and information related to bilingual education programs.
- Administers pre and post Dine´ Language Proficiency Assessment and Oral Navajo Language Culture Test - Standard Based Assessment.
- Evaluates data for instruction and uses best practices.
- Performs basic attendance accounting as required.
- Communicates with students, staff, administration, as well as parents.
- Treats all people with dignity and respect.
- Accepts other responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisor, in accordance with board policy.
- Complies with all Board of Education policies, administrative regulations, Public Education Depart guidelines and local, state and federal laws.
- Attends and participates in PLCs, Dine Immersion and Studies Staff Meetings, and serve on staff committees as required.
- Other duties assigned.
REPORTS TO: School Principal
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated in accordance with the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Piñon Unified School District #4
P.O. Box 839 , Pinon, AZ 86510
At the following locations
Pinon Accelerated Middle School
P.O. BOX 839 1 Mile North Pinon on Route 41, Pinon, AZ 86510
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,651
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 23.13
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 143